Sunday, September 25, 2005

It's been a busy week, so I haven't had time to post. Abby and I had a great time in California. Abby loved all the attention, and there was definitely no shortage of attention paid to her! She was an amazing flyer too. With the exception of the very first leg of our trip, from here to Seattle, she fell asleep right at takeoff every other time. On the way home, she slept from takeoff until after they'd made the announcement that we were starting our descent and would be landing soon. One thing I was most worried about was that she wouldn't be able to nap while we flew and she'd be super cranky. I never imagined she'd sleep so well! The trip was much too short, but we enjoyed every minute of it.

My grandparents, Abby, and me.


The women. From left to right: Jessica, me with Abby, Jennifer, my mom, and my aunt.


My sisters with Abby.


Jessica and Abby


Abby got to try chocolate for the first time. It was so funny because she didn't want anything to do with the spoon at first, but my Gumma managed to get a little on her lip. After that, she attacked that spoon!


She got to try ice cream for the first time too.


My Gumpa with Abby.


She loved to play guitar with Jessica's boyfriend, Michael.


My mom, Abby and me, and my grandparents.


In other news, ABBY TOOK HER FIRST STEP ON THURSDAY! She's been getting better and better at standing unsupported. She'll only stand for about 5-10 seconds at a time, but she'll do it more often now. On Thursday after dinner, we were playing with her in the basement, Damon was laying on the floor in front of her and I was sitting behind her. She was holding onto my knee with one hand, and I could feel that she was pretty stable, so I lowered my knee and she stood there all by herself. After about 10 seconds, she took one small step toward Damon, and managed to remain standing for another few seconds after! It was the longest she's stood, and her first step. Since then, she's tried to do it again but she loses her balance and falls right after she takes a step. She'll be walking very soon!

No comments: