Monday, May 16, 2005

Solids

We took the plunge on Saturday, and started Abby on "solid" foods. It wasn't nearly as messy as I'd expected it to be, and she seemed to like rice cereal. The new textures of the cereal and the spoon were a bit strange to her at first.

Abby slept through the night last night! She slept from 8 to 7:30 this morning. She did wake up once around 1ish, but she was back to sleep by the time I had a bottle ready. We haven't fed her cereal since this first time because I got busy with homework yesterday, so I don't think it's related to that.

First bite


"Daddy, WHAT is Mommy feeding me?!"









2 comments:

Maureen said...

I started mine on solids around the same age as Abby (I practically had to fight people off who thought I had waited too long-mainly people who raised kids like 20 years ago) and it didn't really seem to help with the sleeping through the night either. Not to be nosy, but how did the crying it out go for you? Still working? Connor slept through the night around 6 months, but now at 10 months he wakes up at least once a night and I rock him to sleep. Just wondering if the crying it out helped your situation?

Anonymous said...

brandi,
Your daughter is looking great!
Mike